Friday, December 28, 2012

Four days to go...

POST 363 (137 posts behind)



Including the rest of today, There are 4 days left in 2012.

According to my initial goal, I should be on post 496.

However, I am on post 363.

This is not unlike me.  I set lofty goals, make an excellent start, maintain for a time, and eventually end poorly.

This is a life issue I must address. So I'm doing some reflection in the midst of my "failure."

First of all, I set an unrealistic goal. "500 consecutive days of posts?" Not real practical, yet I knew that if I didn't throw it out there I would have done zero.

More importantly, I got bogged down with the Newton and IFI part of my life, which is probably the main reason why I felt the need to write this on-line diary anyway.

I feel like I'm a loyal person. (Maybe I am not, but the perception of myself is that I am.) The core issue I've (not) dealt with since 2006 is that I felt betrayed by people I was loyal to.

I guess I have not completely come to grips with that perception.

So I've decided not to write at length or specifically about all of that.  Tomorrow (or should I say, my next blog entry) I'm going to summarized my final 2 years at IFI in one rambling paragraph.

Then I'll set out into 2013, my 50th year on this planet.

chris


No comments:

Post a Comment