Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Six years ago...

181

Six years ago this week I moved to Grandview. My family would not move down for another month, so I was here alone.

I spent a lot of time in the Prayer Room reading through the Psalms. My heart was broken at the time and I needed comfort.

I had been out of education since the 1999-2000 school year, my only year of "public education."

I had been called to Grandview, literally. I had put my resume' on a website and the Grandview School District called me to interview.

I still get a lot of butterflies in my stomach this time of year.  I often battle depression as well. The anniversary of a trauma is always difficult.

But, I was at football practice with Christian today. Jaron has a couple of friends upstairs watching a movie. Amy and Eric are working on the floors of a rental house we are re-habbing and Wesley is at "Worlds of Fun" with a friend.

Life is good.

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment