Monday, April 23, 2012

My Weekend...

262

So I had, what ended up being a great weekend with Christian at the Champion Warriors Retreat.  It didn't start out so great when I got to the putting up the tent phase of the afternoon to find out the tent poles were left on the garage floor back in Grandview.  Luckily there was a Wal-Mart in Trenton 8-miles away. so guess who bought a new tent? ($49.99)

An unexpected benefit was that we couldn't fit the cot and the queen-sized self-inflating airmatress in the same tent, so Christian and I slept together, and we needed to-it got down to 34 degrees Saturday morning.  Luckily I brought 4 sleeping bags.

After a long weekend we got back home at 3:45 in the afternoon.  I then had my first rehearsal for Sweeney Todd @7.  I was sunburned and super-tired, but it was still fun.  I got home at 9:30.

Also this weekend, my former boss, Chuck Colson passed away.  I've just started chronicling my experiences with Prison Fellowship and IFI.

Here are some links about Chuck Colson and Prison Fellowship Ministries.

How Nixon Aide Chuck Colson's Ideas Transformed American Evangelicalism

Prison Fellowship Ministries

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment