Sunday, April 1, 2012

483 LIVES! (The continuing saga of Theatre in the Park 2012)

284

Today, all of the Theatre in the Park shows cast.

Last night I was conflicted because I really wanted to be in Sweeney Todd but I also really wanted to do a show with Eric.

I was sure I was not going to be Sweeney and I did want to "just" be in the ensemble for Urinetown (which was a really sucky attitude to have on my part.)

One of the directors talked to me about what I was thinking for the shows and I rambled back and forth about Sweeney vs U-town.

On my way driving home from the callbacks I just said to myself, "Self, do you want to sing really hard music with a bunch of people you don't know or do you want to miss what will probably be your opportunity to ever do a show with Eric?"  The question answered itself.  Plus, I kind of was having a poor ungrateful attitude.

So I emailed the director and clarified I would take whatever part was assigned to me and that it was an awesome opportunity (which it was) and that I was really thankful (which I actually am.)

At 12:00 today I was using a jackhammer to bust-up a small sidewalk at one of our rental houses (I had to do something more manly after all the theatre stuff I did yesterday.  By 4 o'clock I was taking a nap.  When I woke up I say a message on my phone. It was one of the directors asking if I would be willing to be in the Tenor-Trio for Sweeney Todd and be Senator Fipp in Urinetown.  Eric was cast as "Bobby Strong" the lead.  The two show did not overlap and they really needed me in both.

I called back and said, "Yes."

So  now I have a busy summer!

483 LIVES!

483

To learn more about Theatre in the Park, Shawnee: http://theatreinthepark.org/

1 comment:

  1. That is so great that you get to do a show with Eric. Enjoy.

    Tom Morris

    ReplyDelete