Sunday, March 11, 2012

Mead's Corner

305
I'm sitting here, downtown Wichita at Mead's Corner.  It is a coffehouse. As I have mentioned in the past, I like coffeehouses.

I am a bit late to the hipster movement, (I ve been a coffeehouse guy since 2000) but I'm not here to be hip, I'm here to drink my tea, write my blog, and then read "Blood Meridian" by Cormac McCathy.

Eric is at an audition for Musical Theatre of Wichita a couple blocks down the street.

This place is perfect.  It has nooks and crannies. It has lots of brick and old wood. It has a small music performance place and an art space, and right now, it's packed. Late Sunday afternoon downtown and it's full.

Mead's is run by a Free Methodist Church catty-corner from the building.  There are lots of Bibles on tables. As I eavesdrop, there are intersting conversations goin on. A table surrounded by people wearing clergy colors are having some kind of mission/vision conversation about their ministry.  The Republican caucuses are also going on right now a couple blocks away, so there is political talk.

I would love to own a place like this...

chris

To learn more about Mead's Corner: Mead's Corner

To learn more about Musical Theatre of Wichita: MTWichita.org

No comments:

Post a Comment