Thursday, December 29, 2011

Home Alone 2 (and Jaron)

369

I saw Home Alone 2 was on TV the other day ('cause of Christmas) and it reminded me of this story...

It was Summer 2001 and we were getting a giant new roof on our giant house in Newton.  There were a lot of guys working on the roof and therefore, a lot of cars in our driveway and yard.

As we were all busily working, a Newton police car pulled up and two officers came sauntering up to the door.  The contractor leaned over to me and said, "I bet it's all the cars we have in the yard."

The officers came on the porch and one sheepishly asked, "Uh, ya. We got a 911 call from this address."

The roofer and I looked at each other, "Did you? No? Well I didn't." etc.

Officer, "Uh, ya. Well we have to check anyway." So the proceeded to go inside.

I go up to the boys bedroom, and under the covers of the one of the top bunks I see the outline of 7-year-old Jaron.  I pull back the bedspread and there he is with a coil of rope around his shoulder and the phone in his hand,

          ME: Jaron, what are you doing?

          JARON: Playing Home Alone 2.

Fair enough...

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment