Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Let the workouts begin...

468 days left

200 workouts left

I’m looking at 67 weeks before January 1st 2013. (That’s the day when something is supposed to happen about something.)

I want to get in at least 200 workouts (weight training) before that date.  That’s at least 3 workouts a week with no more than 2 days elapsing between any two workouts. I started this weekend and have my routine set for the next couple of weeks.

I have some parameters:

Ø      I’ve allotted up to 2 hours for workouts (30 minutes total travel time to and from the gym and 90 minutes to stretch, lift, and stretch.)  Because my workouts were high reps before, my gym time got to be pretty long.
Ø      I have 17 machines I’m using (I may get to free weights, but I doubt I’ll get a partner to lift with me) with a minimum of 30 reps per machine.
Ø      I use a timer per machine to keep me moving. (Before, I took a leisurely approach. Now I have more of a time-crunch)

I’m still fighting through the arthritis pain in my shoulders, neck and back but I know the more I strengthen the muscles around my joints the better I’ll feel in the long run.

I’m still unsure what to do about the cardio.  My knee felt good the past two days and Aleve has always been my friend.  I may get to walk more and even run if my weight drops enough.

I’m working on a Saturday-Monday-Thursday schedule with Wednesday being my flex day if Thursday doesn’t work out.

I have not tackled the food issue yet.  I did see that men can sign-up for Weight Watchers on-line for free.  I may have to go that route.

I’m wearing my knee brace for first time in 6 years. It seems to help.

I’m not really very enthusiastic about starting.  I put this in my blog so that the 1 random guy in Russia who’s been reading my blog can hold me accountable.

chris

1 comment:

  1. Хороший Друг работу! (Translation: "Good job Comrade!)

    ReplyDelete