Saturday, September 17, 2011

Where to start?

472

As I've documented earlier, I'm good at losing weight, I'm terrible at keeping weight off.

So Eric is off to school.

We've got the "get Jaron graduated" plan in place.

We have the "Wesley earning High School credits" plan in action.

And Christian is acting like a middle-schooler.

So I really have no more excuses.  Healthy Chris must emerge.  So today I worked out for the first time in 2 months.  Now granted, our family did rehab an entire house in July during 1000 degree weather, so I did lose weight during that time, but for me to be successful I have to have a one two punch: gym-time, lettuce-time.

Salad has always been one of my favorite foods, and when I've lost weight in the past I've eaten tons of salad and tons of rice.  But eating healthy takes planning and time  My commitment level wanes often.  It's just easier to eat something quick, and for some reason that always seems to be something super fattening and unhealthy.

The gym-time is going to be an issue.  I have the, "I need a new knee" problem, but I have a more pressing, "My back and hip are succeeding in killing me" problem.  Neither one of my legs works very well and that's a problem.  I know I'm going to have to load-up on pain meds tonight to be able to sleep (and I only lifted for an hour.)  So my dilemma now is:

A. Gut it out (which I won't be able to do because...well...I'm nearly 50 and it's counter to what I'm trying to do.)

B. See a Chiropractor (which I'm leaning toward-painfully)

C. See a general practitioner and get a referral (which my insurance may make me do anyway, plus I need a full physical anyway.)

I had about a 2 year streak of every-other-day workouts about 5 years ago.  We belong to a good gym and I really have no excuses.

We'll see if I make it there Monday.

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment