Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I hold hands with a stranger.

406

I interviewed @KDS in December 0f 1988.  I talked to Lynn Malone.  Her first comment to me was, "You're tall."  I decided to go in super-confident which was the opposite of my feelings at the time.  I wasn't confident, but I was desperate.

After the interview I met some of the kids.  They were watching a holiday-themed movie.  I stood near the back of the room and observed.  A rather tall, rather large girl sidled-up  to me and tried to disguise the fact she was looking at me (which made it even more obvious she was looking at me.)  Eventually she slid her hand into my hand to hold it.  This was our exchange:

ME: Lets keep our hands to ourselves
ELIZABETH: Sorry.  No. No, You don't hold people's hands NooOOOoooOOO. Are you mad at me?
ME: No. I'm not mad.  We just need to keep our hands to ourselves
ELIZABETH: You don't hold people's hands.  NoooOOOoooOOO. No.

Interview over.

I knew this was the place for me.

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment