Monday, November 7, 2011

Zombies

421

I have to admit.  My new favorite show is, "The Walking Dead."

There are many things to not like about it, but there are two elements I really like.

#1: ZOMBIES.

I don't know why I like zombies and zombie movies, but I do. This show is based on a graphic novel series about the post-zombie-apocalyptic world and a group of survivors.

#2:THE SHOW DOES NOT SHY AWAY FROM FRANK DISCUSSIONS ABOUT GOD.

They seem to talk about God every week. They ask real, important questions.  Questions I think would be asked, "Why would God allow this? Why is God punishing us? If there is a God, he must be mean." Questions that are always asked in a crisis.  In a recent episode a mother was questioning whether it would be better to just die now instead of waiting for a gruesome end.  Her husband (who is openly hostile to God) has a hard time finding a reason to live.

Some pray for the first time.  Some embrace their faith and it sustains them.  Some abandon faith and all restraint, becoming another kind of monster.

I am not a Pre-millenial rapture guy.  I believe when the end comes-we'll be there and walk through it.  I also believe that trials, in the long run, do not draw a secular society together (just look at Greece now.)

Only when we rally around Jesus are we united.  When we rally around a sub-cause, we deteriorate into squabbling just ask the "Occupy" and "Tea Party" people.

chris

http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead

No comments:

Post a Comment