Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Arlo Guthrie, where are you?

433

This whole "occupy" thing is fascinating.  And quite frankly, I'm jealous...but I'm getting ahead of myself.

People are protesting "greed" by sitting down and doing nothing.  Is that the way you do it?

I want to start a different protest against another character flaw. But which one?

Here are the "Big 7": wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, gluttony...

Which one to choose?

>Wrath: The whole "occupy" thing seems a bit angry and "wrath-like" by it's very nature

>Greed: Taken

>Sloth: Fighting sloth by sitting around? Mixed message at best.

>Pride: I'm afraid I'd get all puffed-up in my spirit, "That's right.I started the "Down With Pride" movement!"

>Lust: The anti-greed rallies are already inundated with prostitutes.  What kind of crowd would an anti-lust rally draw?

>Envy: I'm doing this whole protest thing out of envy.

>Gluttony: Not in America! (plus, protesting makes me hungry)

So, I was going to protest procrastination, but, I DECIDED TO DO IT LATER (wa, wa, wa, waaaaaaaa)

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment