Monday, October 24, 2011

My two offices.

435



I have two offices.
In a week I work 2 days out of one office and three days at another..

At one of my desks, directly in front of me, is a window.

I can see the sky.  I can see the sun. I can see the clouds, or the rain, the wind.

I can also see the tops of the cars in the parking lot and the roof of the gym.

At my other desk, directly in front of me, is a cinderblock wall

            Painted a light, locker room green, with holes in it

I have the addresses, phone numbers, and fax numbers of each school posted in front of me to remind me where I am, and where I am not.

As I look up from my computer to collect my thoughts or simply space-off. I’m either gazing into the sky or gazing into the green concrete.

At the window office, I can see the whether. I can see the shadows lengthen, shorten, and lengthen again.

At the cinder-block office, time stands still.  What ever the weather was like when I walked in…that’s the weather for the day. The florescent lights cast no shadows.  There is just a mint-green cinderblock wall.

Today is a mint-green cinder block wall kind of day.

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment