Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Auditioning

364

Just got back from Jaron, Wesley & Christian's  auditions for CYT's "Joseph."

The audition process is pretty simple.  You stand before a panel of directors and an audience of other auditioners, parents, friends, and assorted other people. You sing a 1 minute expert from a song.  Hopefully it will show off your pitch, tone, range and personality.  Some folks emphasize different parts that equation.

One girl sang so beautifully, but her expression and posture were lifeless.

One girl was so cute and had every move choreographed, yet she failed to hit any notes on pitch.

One guy was funny...but off of the rhythm.

One guy sang high, but the note he was reaching for was higher.

Some put it all together, Pitch was great.  Tone was sweet. Expression told the story of the song (going on a mini 1 minute journey.) Energy in the body without insincere mugging.

There is a short dance audition aimed at sorting out who can move and who will struggle.

Overall, a daunting process...but fun.

NEW SUBJECT


The water is killing me!  I drank sooooo much.  I’m going to have to move my office nearer the bathroom!

I had a sensible lunch today (salad/lean chicken/apple/more water.)  Said, “no” to all the free pastries laid out at school.

Probably will sign-up for Weight Watchers on-line (under $50) for three months.  I don’t think I’ll go to meetings (I’m not a meetings guy.)

Still don’t know about the Doctor.  I could use my own family physician (Dr. Scott) here in Grandview, but I kind of don’t want to.  I looked into the Men’s Health program @ Lee’s Summit Medical Center, but if the speed of their website is any indication of the speed of their service, it doesn’t look hopeful.

I am wavering about posting my actual weight.  I know no one cares about it but me, but I guess I feel a bit vain and embarrassed.  Those super-sized folks on “The Biggest Loser” seem to not have an issue.

I find myself hesitant to write more about KDS and New Life Church in Columbia.  I don’t exactly know why.  I just have found myself avoiding that period of my life, hummmmmm.

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment