Monday, January 23, 2012

I feel a bit better.

353


I feel like I’m getting some “traction” at the gym. I have finally put together some consistent work outs over the past couple of weeks and today I found myself looking forward to lifting.  I had the best workout in years last Saturday morning and today was good.  I can only last about 8 minutes on the tread mill before my hip and back start to tighten up.  I tried the elliptical machine again, but I couldn’t last 1 minute.  That smooth motion works into a place on my hip socket that is excruciating.

My water intake is good but my food intake has been pretty inconsistent. I’m a pretty “lazy” eater in that I’ll eat whatever is convenient or available.  When I’ve been successful at losing weight in the past I’ve prepared and cooked a lot.  I’m in no mood to prepare and cook.  I just want to grab something filling and be done with it which (of course) leads to fatness.

I got panicky yesterday when I saw “The Countdown” at 354 days.  Then I said to myself, “Hey, it’s still January, relax!” which has been my problem for the past five years. I’m glad I panicked for a second. It shook me out of the early-onset complacency.

Dr. Acosta commented on my increased "flexibility" (and I use that term verrrry lightly.)

I'm down 8 lbs for the month (which is really nothing for a giant dude like me) my goal is to be down -10 for January.

The gloom & doom voice has faded to the background the past couple of weeks and  I've tried to get in the sunlight every day.  I read there is going to be a huge solar storm this week so I should be feeling great (radiation is your friend.)

No pithy lesson today.

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment